Color Search Site Can Help Pick Cool Roofs
PPG Industries, a $13.4 billion maker of coil and extrusion coatings, has launched the PPG Cool Colors Registration Database to help users compare the hundreds of “cool roof” coating colors that the company offers.
Cool roofs reflect the sun’s heat to allow building owners to reduce their use of air conditioning.
Many of the colors on the website are registered with Energy Star or the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC). Users of the website can search for colors by product code, product name, color description, L*a*b* color space value, solar reflectance, thermal emittance, solar reflectance index, Energy Star listing or CRRC status.
The tool then generates a report with data tables and color swatches. The cool roof coatings offered on the site can be used in new build or retrofitting.
“We understand how difficult it is for architects and specifiers to sort through manufacturers’ catalogs and industry listings to find the right colors and products for their projects,” said Scott Moffatt, PGG’s director of marketing for coil and extrusion coatings. “This tool enables them to expand the search process and accelerate it at the same time.”
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark