Hitachi Wins Ethical Certification
Hitachi Data Systems has earned an Ethics Inside Certification from the think-tank Ethisphere Institute.
Hitachi won the mark by going beyond legal requirements to cultivate and maintain an exemplary culture of compliance and ethics, according to the institute.
To win the award, companies must implement standards and systems to reasonably prevent compliance failures and ethical breakdowns. They must also demonstrate that they have a superior ethical business culture among employees and leadership.
Ethisphere evaluates companies on more than 100 criteria, using a proprietary system of tools and indicators. It compares companies against a benchmarking database that catalogs both industry-specific and overall data.
As well as awarding the certification to Hitachi, Ethisphere also provided the company with a detailed report showing how its ethical programs perform, and suggesting areas for improvement.
“At Hitachi Data Systems, integrity and ethics have always been core values in our culture,” said vice president for business and ethics conduct David Karas. “We appreciate the Ethisphere Institute for formalizing the certification process – it’s given us an objective review and enabled us to benchmark our compliance program against industry best practices and to better communicate our ongoing commitment to our customers, employees, and other stakeholders.”
The think-tank’s Ethisphere Magazine publishes regular rankings of the world’s most ethical companies.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant