Hitachi Wins Ethical Certification
Hitachi Data Systems has earned an Ethics Inside Certification from the think-tank Ethisphere Institute.
Hitachi won the mark by going beyond legal requirements to cultivate and maintain an exemplary culture of compliance and ethics, according to the institute.
To win the award, companies must implement standards and systems to reasonably prevent compliance failures and ethical breakdowns. They must also demonstrate that they have a superior ethical business culture among employees and leadership.
Ethisphere evaluates companies on more than 100 criteria, using a proprietary system of tools and indicators. It compares companies against a benchmarking database that catalogs both industry-specific and overall data.
As well as awarding the certification to Hitachi, Ethisphere also provided the company with a detailed report showing how its ethical programs perform, and suggesting areas for improvement.
“At Hitachi Data Systems, integrity and ethics have always been core values in our culture,” said vice president for business and ethics conduct David Karas. “We appreciate the Ethisphere Institute for formalizing the certification process – it’s given us an objective review and enabled us to benchmark our compliance program against industry best practices and to better communicate our ongoing commitment to our customers, employees, and other stakeholders.”
The think-tank’s Ethisphere Magazine publishes regular rankings of the world’s most ethical companies.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management