Kraft Selects EPS Carbon Management System
The food company will deploy EPSâs xChange Point across the division, after finding initial successes with the system in one facility, EPS said.
âThe test yielded significant savings opportunities,â EPS said.
Kraft’s grocery business unit will use xChange Point to monitor and curtail energy use and carbon emissions, identify the most compelling options for achieving target reductions, and track the results.
The xChange Point Â system includes not only software but also expertise from EPS energy analysts and engineers, who will identify and quantify the most effective sustainability initiatives and develop strategies with Kraftâs internal team.
Kraft had already cut energy use in its manufacturing plants by 15 percent and energy-related emissions by 17 percent through the end of 2009.
âAchieving continual reductions in energy use and carbon emissions at our manufacturing facilities is a top strategic priority for Kraft Foods,â global vice president of safety and environmental sustainability Diane Wolf said. âWe are pleased with the results that xChange Point has already delivered to our grocery business unit, and by rolling it out to the rest of the unitâs manufacturing facilities, we see it as a key tool to help us reach and exceed our corporate sustainability goals.â
EPS says xChange Point is used by multiple Fortune 1000 companies.
Last October Kraft ranked third on the 2010 Corporate Social Responsibility Index, and the company also ranks in the top ten in the EthicalQuote rankings of companies with the most ethical reputations.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: Itâs About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M âSwitching Feeâ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform