Kraft Selects EPS Carbon Management System
The food company will deploy EPS‚Äôs xChange Point across the division, after finding initial successes with the system in one facility, EPS said.
‚ÄúThe test yielded significant savings opportunities,‚ÄĚ EPS said.
Kraft’s grocery business unit will use xChange Point to monitor and curtail energy use and carbon emissions, identify the most compelling options for achieving target reductions, and track the results.
The xChange Point ¬†system includes not only software but also expertise from EPS energy analysts and engineers, who will identify and quantify the most effective sustainability initiatives and develop strategies with Kraft‚Äôs internal team.
Kraft had already cut energy use in its manufacturing plants by 15 percent and energy-related emissions by 17 percent through the end of 2009.
‚ÄúAchieving continual reductions in energy use and carbon emissions at our manufacturing facilities is a top strategic priority for Kraft Foods,‚ÄĚ global vice president of safety and environmental sustainability Diane Wolf said. ‚ÄúWe are pleased with the results that xChange Point has already delivered to our grocery business unit, and by rolling it out to the rest of the unit‚Äôs manufacturing facilities, we see it as a key tool to help us reach and exceed our corporate sustainability goals.‚ÄĚ
EPS says xChange Point is used by multiple Fortune 1000 companies.
Last October Kraft ranked third on the 2010 Corporate Social Responsibility Index, and the company also ranks in the top ten in the EthicalQuote rankings of companies with the most ethical reputations.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market