Kraft Selects EPS Carbon Management System
The food company will deploy EPSâs xChange Point across the division, after finding initial successes with the system in one facility, EPS said.
âThe test yielded significant savings opportunities,â EPS said.
Kraft’s grocery business unit will use xChange Point to monitor and curtail energy use and carbon emissions, identify the most compelling options for achieving target reductions, and track the results.
The xChange Point Â system includes not only software but also expertise from EPS energy analysts and engineers, who will identify and quantify the most effective sustainability initiatives and develop strategies with Kraftâs internal team.
Kraft had already cut energy use in its manufacturing plants by 15 percent and energy-related emissions by 17 percent through the end of 2009.
âAchieving continual reductions in energy use and carbon emissions at our manufacturing facilities is a top strategic priority for Kraft Foods,â global vice president of safety and environmental sustainability Diane Wolf said. âWe are pleased with the results that xChange Point has already delivered to our grocery business unit, and by rolling it out to the rest of the unitâs manufacturing facilities, we see it as a key tool to help us reach and exceed our corporate sustainability goals.â
EPS says xChange Point is used by multiple Fortune 1000 companies.
Last October Kraft ranked third on the 2010 Corporate Social Responsibility Index, and the company also ranks in the top ten in the EthicalQuote rankings of companies with the most ethical reputations.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend