Solar News: 20th C. Fox, Biggest UK Project
The photovoltaic system is mounted on the roof of the historic Building 99 at Fox Studios’ lot in Century City, California. The system, designed, engineered and installed by Solar Power, Inc., has specially designed racking to complement the building’s distinctive barrel-shaped roof. It is Twentieth Century Fox’s first on-site renewable power.
“As a carbon neutral company, this project is a key component of our ongoing commitment to sustainability,” said Hal Haenal, senior vice president of Fox Studios operations. “Solar Power, Inc. made the process very easy for us and we look forward to using the clean, renewable energy the system generates.”
In other solar news, solar power company A-Sun has installed what it says is the biggest photovoltaic system in the U.K. Last December, utility regulator Ofgem said that the U.K. had no industrial-scale solar power installations, A-Sun reports.
Now A-Sun has completed a 1.16 MW project in Somerset, in the south-west of England. The project consists of 6,100 panels, 355 kW roof-mounted and 770 kW ground-mounted, and the company said it expects the installation to save 550 tons of carbon a year.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics