Solar News: 20th C. Fox, Biggest UK Project
The photovoltaic system is mounted on the roof of the historic Building 99 at Fox Studios’ lot in Century City, California. The system, designed, engineered and installed by Solar Power, Inc., has specially designed racking to complement the building’s distinctive barrel-shaped roof. It is Twentieth Century Fox’s first on-site renewable power.
“As a carbon neutral company, this project is a key component of our ongoing commitment to sustainability,” said Hal Haenal, senior vice president of Fox Studios operations. “Solar Power, Inc. made the process very easy for us and we look forward to using the clean, renewable energy the system generates.”
In other solar news, solar power company A-Sun has installed what it says is the biggest photovoltaic system in the U.K. Last December, utility regulator Ofgem said that the U.K. had no industrial-scale solar power installations, A-Sun reports.
Now A-Sun has completed a 1.16 MW project in Somerset, in the south-west of England. The project consists of 6,100 panels, 355 kW roof-mounted and 770 kW ground-mounted, and the company said it expects the installation to save 550 tons of carbon a year.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs