Solar News: 20th C. Fox, Biggest UK Project
The photovoltaic system is mounted on the roof of the historic Building 99 at Fox Studios’ lot in Century City, California. The system, designed, engineered and installed by Solar Power, Inc., has specially designed racking to complement the building’s distinctive barrel-shaped roof. It is Twentieth Century Fox’s first on-site renewable power.
“As a carbon neutral company, this project is a key component of our ongoing commitment to sustainability,” said Hal Haenal, senior vice president of Fox Studios operations. “Solar Power, Inc. made the process very easy for us and we look forward to using the clean, renewable energy the system generates.”
In other solar news, solar power company A-Sun has installed what it says is the biggest photovoltaic system in the U.K. Last December, utility regulator Ofgem said that the U.K. had no industrial-scale solar power installations, A-Sun reports.
Now A-Sun has completed a 1.16 MW project in Somerset, in the south-west of England. The project consists of 6,100 panels, 355 kW roof-mounted and 770 kW ground-mounted, and the company said it expects the installation to save 550 tons of carbon a year.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment