Johnson Controls Tops CR’s Best Corporate Citizen List
Johnson Controls, Campbell Soup, IBM, Bristol-Meyers Squibb and Mattel are the top five companies in Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 2011 “100 Best Corporate Citizens List.”
Overall performance improved among the 100 Best by some 5 percent over last year. Equally revealing, 3-year average returns to shareholders of the 100 Best outpaced the S&P average by more than 4 percent. The research behind the CR Magazine rankings is conducted by IW Financial.
You can see last year’s awards here: http://www.environmentalleader.com/2010/03/03/hp-leads-100-best-corporate-citizens-list-in-2010/ and the 2009 list at http://www.environmentalleader.com/2009/03/10/bristol-myers-tops-corporate-responsibility-list/.
The “100 Best List” documents more than 320 data points of disclosure—harvested from publicly available information in seven categories: environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance, and philanthropy.
Looking only at the Environmental Category, the top 10 companies are:
2. Johnson Controls
7. Johnson & Johnson
8. Kimberly Clark
9. Texas Instruments
10. Abbott Laboratories
Here are the top 10 in the Climate Change Category:
2. Johnson Controls
3. Campbell Soup
6. Procter & Gamble
9. Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold
10…for some reason there isn’t a number 10, but Alcoa is number 11.
Download the entire 2011 list here.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs