Staples Launches Rainforest Alliance Paper
The line of paper, Domtar EarthChoice Office Paper by Staples, will be manufactured by Domtar Corporation. It will be sold to Staples Advantage and Staples.com customers in the U.S.
The brand, like all EarthChoice papers, is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), and will also meet Rainforest Alliance standards on worker and community welfare.
The new line is a 20 lb., 92 brightness paper that can be used for inkjet and laser printing. It uses HP ColorLok technology, which the ink maker says delivers bolder colors and a faster drying time.
“We work hard to keep the forests as forests,” said Lewis Fix, Domtar’s vice-president of brand management and sustainable product development. “Third-party certification is the best way to ensure that sound forest management practices are implemented and that all environmental and social aspects of forest use are considered.”
In October 2009, Staples enrolled in the Rainforest Alliance’s SmartSource program, agreeing to analyze and improve the environmental and social footprint of its paper supply.
Domtar has previously earned the Staples Supplier Soul Award, which the office supply company bestows on suppliers that help to advance its goals on community, diversity, ethics and the environment. Domtar has sold more than a million tons of EarthChoice papers since their launch.
“We’re happy to see another product added to the EarthChoice line, making FSC certified paper more readily available to consumers,” Rainforest Alliance president Tensie Whelan said.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry