Valvoline Launches 50% Recycled Motor Oil
The company said that its NextGen brand of motor oil cuts down on fossil fuel use, lowering emissions and helping to ensure that used oil doesn’t make its way into the water supplies. The new product takes advantage of the latest innovative manufacturing processes, Valvoline said, to offer superior engine protection while reducing environmental impacts.
“Combining only the best base oils with the company’s award-winning additive chemistry, Valvoline has created a recycled motor oil so good, it surpasses all industry specifications and delivers 100 percent Valvoline protection,” the company said.
The oil exceeds all Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and American Petroleum Institute (API) specifications, Valvoline said. It features a proprietary Valvoline formula that received the 2010 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award for reduced emissions
Valvoline is not the first company to offer recycled motor oil. Safety-Kleen began offering re-refined oil to consumers under the brand name EcoPower in 2009. The Plano, Texas-based company re-refines used oil that it collects at thousands of car dealerships, automotive retailers and quick lube facilities across North America.
Over three billion quarts of oil are used in U.S. cars and trucks each year, Valvoline said. If every American switched his or her motor oil to NextGen, more than 400 million gallons of crude oil would be saved every year, the company said – enough oil to fill barrels laid end to end, and stretching from Los Angeles to New York and back.
NextGen will be sold in conventional, synthetic and high-mileage blends, and offered in one-quart, five-quart and one-gallon sizes.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment