Hewlett-Packard, Virgin, Vodafone Take Home Corporate Responsibility Reporting Awards
The IT company won the Best Report award for Changing the Equation, HP Global Citizenship Report 2009. Runners-up were Coca-Cola and Bayer AG, for their 2009 reports.
The annual awards are organized by Corporate Register. Voting is open to all registered Corporate Register users, although companies cannot vote for their own report.
Virgin Group Ltd won the award for best firt-time report, with McGraw Hill and Hyundai the runners-up.
Vodafone Group was awarded Best Carbon Disclosure, followed by General Electric and Banco Bradesco SA.
The number of entries in each category was capped this year due to the high level of interest in the awards, Corporate Register said. This year, 90 companies that excel in reporting practices, from multi-nationals to small firms, entered their reports.
“We’ve seen CR reporting increase every year, with 2010 showing the strongest performance yet – nearly 5,000 reports worldwide. With so many companies reporting, we need a process to identify the reports which lead where others will follow. The CRRA provides this process, and once again we have a suite of worthy winners,” Corporate Register’s Paul Scott said.
Other winners were:
- Openness and honesty: Novo Nordisk A/S. Runners-up: Co-operative Group, Microsoft.
- Relevance and materiality: SABMiller plc. Runners-up: L’Oreal SA, Novo Nordisk A/S.
- Best integrated report: Natura Cosmeticos SA. Runners-up: SolarWorld AG, AXA SA.
- Best SME report: Pacific Hydro Pty Ltd. Runners-up: ArcelorMittal India, Lipor.
- Creativity in communications: Virgin Group. Runners-up: Coca-Cola, Hewlett-Packard.
- Credibility through assurance: Co-Operative Group. Runners-up: General Electric, Royal Dutch Shell.
Vodafone, Virgin Media, Novo Nordisk, Royal Dutch Shell, Coca-Cola and Co-Operative Group were all winners in 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend