Google’s Energy Czar: Efficiency is a No Brainer
Most energy efficiency effort, Google’s Energy Czar William Weihl said during Climate One at The Commonwealth Club, is a no brainer. However, with institutional barriers such as multiple departments working with different budgets, the overall cost of ownership causes many to push the efficiency issue to another person. With companies looking at the overall picture versus immediate departments, companies may ultimately save a lot more money by spending more initially. Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist at Microsoft, believes the problem is governance and behavior versus technology.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities