Google’s Energy Czar: Efficiency is a No Brainer
Most energy efficiency effort, Google’s Energy Czar William Weihl said during Climate One at The Commonwealth Club, is a no brainer. However, with institutional barriers such as multiple departments working with different budgets, the overall cost of ownership causes many to push the efficiency issue to another person. With companies looking at the overall picture versus immediate departments, companies may ultimately save a lot more money by spending more initially. Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist at Microsoft, believes the problem is governance and behavior versus technology.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.