Google’s Energy Czar: Efficiency is a No Brainer
Most energy efficiency effort, Google’s Energy Czar William Weihl said during Climate One at The Commonwealth Club, is a no brainer. However, with institutional barriers such as multiple departments working with different budgets, the overall cost of ownership causes many to push the efficiency issue to another person. With companies looking at the overall picture versus immediate departments, companies may ultimately save a lot more money by spending more initially. Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist at Microsoft, believes the problem is governance and behavior versus technology.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned