Westfield Mall Installs Chillers to Increase Energy Efficiency
Interesting promo video about the Westfield Culver City shopping mall which recently completed infrastructure upgrades anticipated to save $207,000 in annual energy costs and to garner more than $192,000 in rebate incentives from Southern California Edison.
Westfield converted to a chilled water system that incorporates ice storage to shift energy consumption from high-cost peak hours, replacing the mall’s dated packaged rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
Trane, which made this video and worked on the upgrades, recently presented Westfield Culver City with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award.”
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike