Westfield Mall Installs Chillers to Increase Energy Efficiency
Interesting promo video about the Westfield Culver City shopping mall which recently completed infrastructure upgrades anticipated to save $207,000 in annual energy costs and to garner more than $192,000 in rebate incentives from Southern California Edison.
Westfield converted to a chilled water system that incorporates ice storage to shift energy consumption from high-cost peak hours, replacing the mall’s dated packaged rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
Trane, which made this video and worked on the upgrades, recently presented Westfield Culver City with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses