Westfield Mall Installs Chillers to Increase Energy Efficiency
Interesting promo video about the Westfield Culver City shopping mall which recently completed infrastructure upgrades anticipated to save $207,000 in annual energy costs and to garner more than $192,000 in rebate incentives from Southern California Edison.
Westfield converted to a chilled water system that incorporates ice storage to shift energy consumption from high-cost peak hours, replacing the mall’s dated packaged rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
Trane, which made this video and worked on the upgrades, recently presented Westfield Culver City with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award.”
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy