Westfield Mall Installs Chillers to Increase Energy Efficiency
Interesting promo video about the Westfield Culver City shopping mall which recently completed infrastructure upgrades anticipated to save $207,000 in annual energy costs and to garner more than $192,000 in rebate incentives from Southern California Edison.
Westfield converted to a chilled water system that incorporates ice storage to shift energy consumption from high-cost peak hours, replacing the mall’s dated packaged rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
Trane, which made this video and worked on the upgrades, recently presented Westfield Culver City with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award.”
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment