Honest Tea to Plant 50,000 Trees
Honest Tea is partnering with the National Forest Foundation to plant 50,000 trees for the “Bag to Tree” campaign, which aims to reforest areas hit by wildfires and other disasters.
Consumers buying four or more bottles of Honest Tea can receive a free reusable shopping bag with a unique code. Redeemed online, the code allows consumers to select from the following regions for planting their tree: the West and Rocky Mountains, which have been affected by wildfires; the Midwest, which requires prairie restoration; the Southeast, which requires reforestation; and the Northeast, which requires water renewal.
The campaign ends April 30 or when the 50,000 tree target has been reached.
Just 100 trees are capable of removing five tons of carbon dioxide as well as 1,000 pounds of pollutants annually, including 400 pounds of ozone and 300 pounds of particulates, the company says.
“I’m delighted that we are able to build on our earliest commitment to the planet by planting 50,000 trees this year,” co-founder and “TeaEO” Seth Goldman said.
For consumers who want to get their hands dirty, Honest Tea is organizing reforestation and preservation events around Earth Day in Virginia, northern California, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles, followed by June events in Atlanta and Florida.
Power company Luminant recently announced it is planting more than 1,426,300 seedlings at former mining sites. And Israeli airline El Al said it is planting a tree in Israel for every passenger who books a return London-Tel Aviv ticket through its website or that of the Jewish National Fund, Airport Business reports.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform