P&G, Recyclebank Take Rewards Nationwide
Recyclebank uses discounts and deals from more than 3,000 local and national businesses to reward people for taking “green actions”. Consumers earn points towards deals for each green action they take.
P&G’s Future Friendly program will provide Recyclebank with sponsorship for its national rewards program and also offer Recyclebank members opportunities to earn additional points, through reading online educational content on ways to conserve.
The partnership builds on an existing relationship in Cincinnati, where P&G, Recyclebank, Rumpke Recycling and Cascade Engineering are aiming to double the city’s recycling rate and help meet its 25 percent diversion goal by 2013. The city’s upgraded recycling program now includes larger recycling carts, every-other-week collection and the ability to earn rewards for recycling.
“Recyclebank’s mission is to motivate individuals and communities to realize a world where nothing is wasted,” Recyclebank chief sustainability officer Ian Yolles said. “Procter & Gamble has made an enormous long term commitment to sustainability, both with their own products and practices, and through consumer-facing initiatives like Future Friendly. This partnership is a great step in reaching our goal, as the collective impact of small individual green actions can be substantial.”
Last month the Wall Street Journal named Recyclebank its top clean-tech company and “The Next Big Thing” in rankings of the top venture-backed companies.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity