Companies Announce Earth Day Promotions
Earth day promotions are flooding our inbox. Here are some that caught our attention.
- Electronics manufacturer LG is backing the “Great American Cleanup”. Last year the country recycled 7.2 million pounds of consumer electronics during the campaign, LG is hoping to top that figure this year.
- Healthcare giant Kaiser Permanente and charity thrift store chain Goodwill Southern California will be collecting electronic waste at Kaiser locations from Bakersfield, Calif., to San Diego, Calif.
- Electronics retailer Radioshack is offering customers the chance to win an eco-friendly car. Customers will be entered into the draw for an electric Nissan LEAF when they trade in and recycle used electronic devices at the store in return for money off a new product.
- Beginning mid-April, cosmetics company Avon will sell the fundraising aluminum “Hello Green Tomorrow” water bottle. Avon will contribute all proceeds from the sale of the bottle to The Nature Conservancy for continuing efforts in the Atlantic Rainforest in South America and to World Wildlife Fund for their reforestation projects in Indonesia.
- And Office Depot will be accepting used writing equipment for vouchers off new merchandise. The used pencils, pens and markers will be sent to TerraCycle which will turn them into new office supplies.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling