Companies Announce Earth Day Promotions
Earth day promotions are flooding our inbox. Here are some that caught our attention.
- Electronics manufacturer LG is backing the “Great American Cleanup”. Last year the country recycled 7.2 million pounds of consumer electronics during the campaign, LG is hoping to top that figure this year.
- Healthcare giant Kaiser Permanente and charity thrift store chain Goodwill Southern California will be collecting electronic waste at Kaiser locations from Bakersfield, Calif., to San Diego, Calif.
- Electronics retailer Radioshack is offering customers the chance to win an eco-friendly car. Customers will be entered into the draw for an electric Nissan LEAF when they trade in and recycle used electronic devices at the store in return for money off a new product.
- Beginning mid-April, cosmetics company Avon will sell the fundraising aluminum “Hello Green Tomorrow” water bottle. Avon will contribute all proceeds from the sale of the bottle to The Nature Conservancy for continuing efforts in the Atlantic Rainforest in South America and to World Wildlife Fund for their reforestation projects in Indonesia.
- And Office Depot will be accepting used writing equipment for vouchers off new merchandise. The used pencils, pens and markers will be sent to TerraCycle which will turn them into new office supplies.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland