Environmental Software News: Verdiem, Ecotality, Volvo
Verdiem has extended its computer power management platform to cover Macs as well as PCs. The latest version of the software, Surveyor 5.5 includes support for Mac desktops and laptops, and improved integration with Windows 7 power management capabilities, Verdiem says.
The company says that Surveyor helps enterprises to centrally control and reduce the energy used by computers on their network by up to 60 percent. More than 600 corporations, government agencies and universities are using Surveyor on more than 1.6 million seats, and saving an average of $20 to $60 per computer per year, Verdiem says.
Macs represent about 3.5 percent of worldwide computer sales, and their presence within business is steadily growing, Verdiem adds.
Ecotality has released the Blink Mobile Application (pictured), which allows users to locate electric vehicle chargers and receive charging status updates and notifications. It joins a growing number of similar mobile apps, such as the free PlugShare app.
The company is installing its Blink charging stations at a variety of locations including grocery stores, retail locations and restaurants. Drivers can view these either through the app or online at blinknetwork.com.
Finally, Pocketweb and Volvo Group have released an updated version of Commute Greener!, which monitors and analyzes users’ greenhouse gas emissions while encouraging them to set reduction targets based on weekly driving habits. The new version adds innovative indices for fuel savings, direct messaging capabilities and the ability to track health-related activities such as walking or bike riding , Pocketweb said.
Commute Greener! uses social networking tools to enable competitions between users, where they can compare performance and challenge each other to reduce gas emissions. The software also provides alternate routes that encourage CO2 reduction.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look