Environmental Software News: Alliance, DS SolidWorks
Alliance Resource Partners has selected Enviance to track water, greenhouse gases and air emissions at ten coal mining complexes, plus a new mine under development. The purchase will allow Alliance to move from manual, mine-specific tracking processes, to a centralized tracking and reporting system, Enviance said.
Alliance says it is the fifth-biggest coal producer in the Eastern U.S., with mines in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland and West Virginia, plus a coal loading terminal on the Ohio River in Mt. Vernon, Indiana. Implementation of the Enviance system will be conducted by CH2M Hill.
Citation Technologies and Antea Group have announced plans to use the Inogen Global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) audit protocols. This update will provide EHS auditors and managers with real-time access to current regulations, the companies said.
The protocols were developed by the 15 associate member companies of Inogen Environmental Alliance, a global consulting firm, as well as advice from 4,500 EHS experts form 169 countries, the companies said. The protocols are expected to be available this summer in time for FY 2012 corporate audit planning.
Noveda Technologies has announced that it is developing an interactive education, training and collaboration platform aimed at helping organizations conserve energy and water. The platform will be developed using software from PrazAs, which creates real-time collaboration software for tablet PCs.
Finally, DS SolidWorks has invited its users to enter a green design contest by coming up with a sustainable replacement for the airport terminal chair. The panel of judges includes Staples vice president of environmental affairs Mark Buckley, and the grand prize is a trip for two to Chaa Creek rainforest eco-resort in Belize.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses