AIA on the International Green Construction Code (IGCC)
Presenter Jessyca Henderson, Director for Sustainability Advocacy for the American Institute of Architects in Washington DC, speaks at CSI Allentown’s 33rd annual Product Expo and Educational Seminars on April 20, 2011. See additional parts to the presentation below.
The AIA’s participation in the development of the International Green Construction Code (IGCC) has revealed two important yet distinct areas for evaluation and action for building design professionals. Technical content, and how it affects green building design, and how it involves how architects and other design professionals practice. The presentation covers technical content and examines the potential legal-and practice-related issues that come out of turning best practices into minimum requirements for every project.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE