Conservation International Discusses Carbon Market Opportunities, Challenges
Conservation International Executive VP Jennifer Morris sees interesting opportunities in the area of forest carbons, which are emissions released from deforestation. However, according to Morris, speaking last month at the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, serious challenges to carbon markets include the lack of a global market framework, the thorny issue of carbon tenure rights, and the large amount of capital required to engage the issue.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned