Conservation International Discusses Carbon Market Opportunities, Challenges
Conservation International Executive VP Jennifer Morris sees interesting opportunities in the area of forest carbons, which are emissions released from deforestation. However, according to Morris, speaking last month at the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, serious challenges to carbon markets include the lack of a global market framework, the thorny issue of carbon tenure rights, and the large amount of capital required to engage the issue.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation