Coke Taps Bea Perez as Chief Sustainability Officer
Perez will integrate Coca-Colaâ€™s sustainability initiatives in the areas of water, climate protection, packaging and recycling, and community through a new global Office of Sustainability, reporting to Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer Alex Cummings.
“Our current [sustainability] approach needs focus and better integration to further accelerate our system sustainability agenda and meet our 2020 Vision goals,â€ť said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company.
Under Perezâ€™s leadership, the Office of Sustainability will create and oversee Coca-Colaâ€™s integrated global sustainability strategy; set high-level goals and commitments; assess and drive scaled investments; and steward and track all global partnerships and key sustainability projects.
Reporting to Perez, the new team will include John Reid, Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility; Charlotte Oades, Global Director, Womenâ€™s Economic Empowerment; Abby Rodgers, Vice President, Sustainability Strategy and Communication; Jeff Seabright, Vice President, Environment and Water; and Lisa Manley, Group Director, Corporate External Affairs.
Perez, 41, joined the Company in 1996 as an Associate Brand Manager and has held various roles of increasing responsibility, including Director, NASCAR; Vice President, Sports and Entertainment for The Coca-Cola Company; Vice President, Sports and Entertainment for Coca-Cola North America; and Senior Vice President of Integrated Marketing for Coca-Cola North America. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the University of Maryland.
The companyâ€™s seventh sustainability report was released in February.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated â€“ and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports