Coke Taps Bea Perez as Chief Sustainability Officer
Perez will integrate Coca-Cola‚Äôs sustainability initiatives in the areas of water, climate protection, packaging and recycling, and community through a new global Office of Sustainability, reporting to Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer Alex Cummings.
“Our current [sustainability] approach needs focus and better integration to further accelerate our system sustainability agenda and meet our 2020 Vision goals,‚ÄĚ said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company.
Under Perez‚Äôs leadership, the Office of Sustainability will create and oversee Coca-Cola‚Äôs integrated global sustainability strategy; set high-level goals and commitments; assess and drive scaled investments; and steward and track all global partnerships and key sustainability projects.
Reporting to Perez, the new team will include John Reid, Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility; Charlotte Oades, Global Director, Women‚Äôs Economic Empowerment; Abby Rodgers, Vice President, Sustainability Strategy and Communication; Jeff Seabright, Vice President, Environment and Water; and Lisa Manley, Group Director, Corporate External Affairs.
Perez, 41, joined the Company in 1996 as an Associate Brand Manager and has held various roles of increasing responsibility, including Director, NASCAR; Vice President, Sports and Entertainment for The Coca-Cola Company; Vice President, Sports and Entertainment for Coca-Cola North America; and Senior Vice President of Integrated Marketing for Coca-Cola North America. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the University of Maryland.
The company‚Äôs seventh sustainability report was released in February.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It‚Äôs About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‚ÄėSwitching Fee‚Äô If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform