Energy-Efficient Vineyards Take Root in Chile
In the past, Chile’s winegrowers wasted vast amounts of energy, Deutsche Welle reports. But now six vineyards are pioneering energy efficiency in the country and have joined forces with the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) to develop wine growing practices that cut energy consumption. Solar and geothermal energy is gaining popularity in the Tarapaca region south-west of Santiago.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.