Utility EDF Guarantees Supermarket $1.6m Efficiency Savings
The two companies yesterday announced a three-year contract under which EDF Energy guarantees that its energy-efficiency programs will save Morrisons at least that much, Business Green reports. And the contract also contains incentives to encourage the utility to save Morrisons even more.
“Our energy services team will work hand in hand with the Morrisons Property and Development Department on project delivery, with an aim of saving at least ¬£3.5m during 2011 through new energy-saving initiatives.” said Sid Cox, director of business to business at EDF.
The two companies agreed that they will co-operate to improve Morrisons‚Äô energy procurement to better manage volatility in wholesale markets, and they also promise to support the design of more energy-efficient stores. They will also work to develop a staff energy-efficiency awareness campaign.
Morrisons has a goal of cutting carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2020, Business Green said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System