Utility EDF Guarantees Supermarket $1.6m Efficiency Savings
The two companies yesterday announced a three-year contract under which EDF Energy guarantees that its energy-efficiency programs will save Morrisons at least that much, Business Green reports. And the contract also contains incentives to encourage the utility to save Morrisons even more.
“Our energy services team will work hand in hand with the Morrisons Property and Development Department on project delivery, with an aim of saving at least £3.5m during 2011 through new energy-saving initiatives.” said Sid Cox, director of business to business at EDF.
The two companies agreed that they will co-operate to improve Morrisons’ energy procurement to better manage volatility in wholesale markets, and they also promise to support the design of more energy-efficient stores. They will also work to develop a staff energy-efficiency awareness campaign.
Morrisons has a goal of cutting carbon emissions by 30 percent by 2020, Business Green said.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution