HP Module ‘is World’s Most Efficient Data Center’
HP says the HP POD 240a, also called the EcoPOD, packs the equivalent of a 10,000 square foot data center into a compact, serviceable package in one-tenth the space.
The company says the HP EcoPOD offers high performance and energy efficiency at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems and can save upfront capital costs by up to 75 percent compared to traditional brick-and-mortar facilities. It can reduce annual facilities energy spend by up to 95 percent with a power usage effectiveness as low as 1.05, HP says.
Modular data centers such as the HP EcoPOD allow companies to take a âpay-as-you-growâ approach, buying only as much data capacity as they need, HP says.
Features of the EcoPOD include HP Adaptive Cooling Technology that adjusts cooling based on policy, IT load and climate. It can beÂ completely configured, deployed, and commissioned in weeks as opposed to years â 88 percent faster than traditional systems, HP said.
HP has also unveiled several products in its Converged Infrastructure line of cloud-based applications.
These include Converged Systems, a portfolio of turnkey, optimized and converged hardware, software, tailored consulting and HP Solution Support services. The portfolio addresses top application areas including real-time data analytics, database consolidation and data warehouse.
Also new is HP Server Automation 9.1 software, which aims to seamlessly provision physical and virtual application instances across the entire life cycle.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers âSecond Opinionâ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland