Samsung to Sell USA’s First Solar Laptop
Samsung is preparing to launch the first commercial, solar-powered laptop to be sold in the U.S., Dvice reports.
The Samsung NC215S will have a 10.1 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, 1GB of memory, and will be powered by a 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N570 dual core processor. The solar cells are built into the lid.
News outlets are reporting that the solar charged battery will provide one hour of computing for every two hours of charging, with a fully charged battery providing up to 14 hours of computing.
The laptop also has an LED backlit display that Samsung says is 50 percent brighter than that of an average notebook, to help consumers using the product outdoors. The Samsung NC215S was first released in Africa “to great acclaim”, Inhabitat reports, and US customers will be able to buy it at the suggested retail price of $399 starting in July.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look