Samsung to Sell USA’s First Solar Laptop
Samsung is preparing to launch the first commercial, solar-powered laptop to be sold in the U.S., Dvice reports.
The Samsung NC215S will have a 10.1 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, 1GB of memory, and will be powered by a 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N570 dual core processor. The solar cells are built into the lid.
News outlets are reporting that the solar charged battery will provide one hour of computing for every two hours of charging, with a fully charged battery providing up to 14 hours of computing.
The laptop also has an LED backlit display that Samsung says is 50 percent brighter than that of an average notebook, to help consumers using the product outdoors. The Samsung NC215S was first released in Africa “to great acclaim”, Inhabitat reports, and US customers will be able to buy it at the suggested retail price of $399 starting in July.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland