Samsung to Sell USA’s First Solar Laptop
Samsung is preparing to launch the first commercial, solar-powered laptop to be sold in the U.S., Dvice reports.
The Samsung NC215S will have a 10.1 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, 1GB of memory, and will be powered by a 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N570 dual core processor. The solar cells are built into the lid.
News outlets are reporting that the solar charged battery will provide one hour of computing for every two hours of charging, with a fully charged battery providing up to 14 hours of computing.
The laptop also has an LED backlit display that Samsung says is 50 percent brighter than that of an average notebook, to help consumers using the product outdoors. The Samsung NC215S was first released in Africa “to great acclaim”, Inhabitat reports, and US customers will be able to buy it at the suggested retail price of $399 starting in July.
Energy Manager News
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison
- A Simple Fix to Save Energy in NYC
- Connecticut, The Microgrid State
- More Large Green Buildings, Still Few Small Ones
- OSI and Cascade Cut Energy Use in Food Processing Facilities
- Data Center Energy Savings: Start with the Servers
- Toyota Plant in Kentucky Rolls Out Bioenergy