Hess Corporation Buys IBM/Juniper Efficient Networking
Hess has signed a multi-million dollar contract with Juniper for an energy-efficient, customized system to use at its new office tower in Houston. Hess will incorporate IBM’s implementation and staging services coupled with Juniper’s integrated switching and security products. The Hess offering from IBM and Juniper Networks includes:
- IBM Implementation Services: Technical specialists and experienced project management resources will work to reduce the risk of business disruption and accelerate return on investment (ROI) with IBM implementation services. IBM’s ICS Professional Services included network consulting, architecture, design, and integration services.
- Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches: Juniper says that these switches deliver high-performance, carrier-class solutions built to meet the needs of data center networks, dramatically reducing network complexity while increasing performance and reliability at lower total cost of ownership.
- Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways: Based on Juniper’s dynamic services architecture and powered by Junos, a common network platform and operating system, the SRX Series Services Gateways will aim to provide robust networking and network access security services for Hess’ infrastructure and applications.
- Juniper Networks SA Series SSL VPN Appliances: These will provide Hess’ remote and mobile employees, customers and partners with network access to corporate resources and applications on their laptops, smartphones and tablets, regardless of platform.
“More and more organizations are looking to streamline and improve operations, simplify the implementation process and at the same time be as energy efficient as possible,” said Robb Kaufmann, vice president global alliance solutions, IBM. “Together with Juniper’s innovative technology and IBM services we are proving this is possible with Hess.”
IBM and Juniper have been collaborating since 2007 on joint technology solutions, standards development, network management and managed security services.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls