Best Practices: The Business Case for Sustainability Disclosure
Join Environmental Leader for a webinar on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 8am PDT/11am EDT, discussing best practices for sustainability disclosure.
Many organizations find that financial reporting alone no longer satisfies the needs of investors, governments, supply-chain partners, and other stakeholders for information about overall organizational performance. Today, 2,500 organizations around the world measure and disclose their greenhouse gas emissions and climate change strategies through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), and over 1,400 organizations have published a sustainability report based on guidelines from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Register now to join Patrick Crawford, Development Manager at CDP; Bastian Buck, Technical Development Manager of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI); and Neil Krefsky, Marketing Director of Sustainability Reporting and Analytics Solutions at SAP, for an insightful one-hour discussion on the business case for sustainability disclosure.
In this webcast you will hear how best-in-class companies are leveraging CDP disclosure, the GRI reporting framework and information technology to transform reporting obligations into a competitive advantage; and you will have the opportunity to pose your questions to our outstanding panel of experts.
- The tangible business benefits of sustainability disclosure
- The guidance and support that CDP and GRI provide organizations to help make sustainability reporting a value-based standard practice
- How you can leverage CDP and GRI simultaneously to improve the sustainability reporting of your business
- How IT can enable better disclosure and reporting
This webcast offers both essential education and practical advice for companies looking to unlock new opportunities through better transparency and accountability.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B