Modius and Intel Team Up on Data Center Management
Modius says that the integration will enhance Open Data, a platform for data center infrastructure management, with increased visibility and analytics. Intel Data Center Manager will provide Open Data with energy intelligence about critical IT and facilities assets, helping data center managers to improve efficiency, lower power costs, expand data center capacity, and receive early warning of problems and potential outages, Modius says.
New functionality that will now be available in Modius OpenData includes:
- Device- and rack-level capacity analysis with real-time alarming for power deviations
- Device- and rack-level temperature analysis with real-time alarming for temperature deviations
- End-to-end visibility of the power chain from the UPS to individual servers
- Floor-level cold spot and hot spot identification and remediation
OpenDataâ€™s own features for data center monitoring and analysis include reports for tracking current values by customizable groups, statistical analysis tools for calculating energy consumption and other performance metrics, and visualization of systems and subsystems to identify performance anomalies, patterns and trends across different groupings of equipment.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubsâ€™ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utilityâ€™s Bad Business Decisions â€“ Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Appleâ€™s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures