Modius and Intel Team Up on Data Center Management
Modius says that the integration will enhance Open Data, a platform for data center infrastructure management, with increased visibility and analytics. Intel Data Center Manager will provide Open Data with energy intelligence about critical IT and facilities assets, helping data center managers to improve efficiency, lower power costs, expand data center capacity, and receive early warning of problems and potential outages, Modius says.
New functionality that will now be available in Modius OpenData includes:
- Device- and rack-level capacity analysis with real-time alarming for power deviations
- Device- and rack-level temperature analysis with real-time alarming for temperature deviations
- End-to-end visibility of the power chain from the UPS to individual servers
- Floor-level cold spot and hot spot identification and remediation
OpenDataâ€™s own features for data center monitoring and analysis include reports for tracking current values by customizable groups, statistical analysis tools for calculating energy consumption and other performance metrics, and visualization of systems and subsystems to identify performance anomalies, patterns and trends across different groupings of equipment.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated â€“ and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports