Venue Giant AEG Joins Green Sports Alliance
The Green Sports Alliance will more than double in size with the addition of venues owned or operated by AEG, the company behind sports facilities including Staples Center, Home Depot Center and Target Center.
More than 50 sports venues affiliated with AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, will now join the alliance. These include the Rose Garden, L.A. LIVE and Citizens Business Bank Arena. The two organizations say their partnership will bring sports teams and facilities together in pursuit of environmental change.
Since launching five months ago, the Green Sports Alliance has already attracted over 45 sports teams and venues. Members share best practices and collaborate on environmental programs.
In November 2010, AEG committed to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions, solid waste and water usage at all its owned and managed facilities worldwide by at least 20 percent by 2020.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant