Hyatt, Environ Conduct Second Energy Audit
Consulting firm Environ will conduct an energy efficiency audit for 14 Hyatt Hotel & Resorts, the second phase of the of the organizationâ€™s European hotel portfolio, including properties in London and Istanbul.
The project will include the auditing of hotels across Europe stretching from London to Yekaterinburg and Istanbul, following which Environ will provide recommendations for improving the energy efficiency of the hotels.
This is the second assessment project for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, after an audit last year at hotel properties in western Europe, North Africa, and along Egyptâ€™s Red Sea coast.
The audit resulted in a number of efficiency improvements, with this yearâ€™s assessment hoping to find additional energy savings for hotel group.
The hotel group has been actively pursuing energy efficiency savings across its portfolio. Last year, the Hyatt Regency Boston managed to reduce its energy costs by 42 percent, from 12.3 million kWh to 7.1 million kWh, over the last decade. The hotel group also launched an eco-rating program for its hotels in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean last year.
Photo: Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds â€˜Fairâ€™ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGEâ€™s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution