Port Authority Taps Enviance for Environmental ERP Solution
The Port Authority is responsible for integrated regional transportation and trade services operations including major regional airports JFK and LaGuardia (pictured), bridges and tunnels, bus terminals and stations, and the PATH rapid transit system.
Enviance says its system assists facility staff in fulfilling their compliance management responsibilities, allows corporate staff to have a centralized monitoring capability, and permits the engineering staff to provide technical oversight and support functions.
“We are excited to be working with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to help centralize its vast compliance requirements into one manageable system,” said Lawrence Goldenhersh, president and CEO of Enviance. “The Port Authority’s transition to an Environmental Enterprise Resource Planning system shows its understanding of compliance requirements and the action needed to reduce environmental risk.”
The Port Authority has a goal of reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
In August 2010, the Port Authority announced plans to install five wind towers, each more than 280 feet tall. It hoped to have the towers operational on the west side of New York Harbor within three years.
The five turbines are expected to produce as much as 7.5 megawatts. The authority plans to use the energy to operate the container port, then feed the surplus energy into the local power grid, offsetting some of the authority’s consumption elsewhere, the authority said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments