Domtar Broadens FSC Paper Product Range
Paper manufacturer Domtar Corporation has announced a broad expansion of its product line and now expects to sell more than 150,000 additional tons of Forestry Stewardship Council-certified paper per year.
Domtar’s EarthChoice product line – the broadest collection of environmentally and socially responsible papers available, the company says – will now include specialty products used for bandage wraps, popcorn bags, candy wrappers, sugar pouches, hamburger wrap and a wide range of other everyday applications.
In addition all production of its Domtar Tradebook paper will now be FSC-certified and renamed EarthChoice Tradebook. The product, specifically designed for book publishers who are committed to sustainability, had previously been FSC-certified only on request.
FSC certification ensures that forests are managed in a way that protects nature and the people who live and work there, says Domtar. Auditors perform a thorough assessment, checking a range of criteria such as: the steps taken to protect soil and water; safeguards that provide protection to fish and wildlife; and whether the number of trees harvested is less than the number that either regrow naturally or get planted.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra