Domtar Broadens FSC Paper Product Range
Paper manufacturer Domtar Corporation has announced a broad expansion of its product line and now expects to sell more than 150,000 additional tons of Forestry Stewardship Council-certified paper per year.
Domtar’s EarthChoice product line – the broadest collection of environmentally and socially responsible papers available, the company says – will now include specialty products used for bandage wraps, popcorn bags, candy wrappers, sugar pouches, hamburger wrap and a wide range of other everyday applications.
In addition all production of its Domtar Tradebook paper will now be FSC-certified and renamed EarthChoice Tradebook. The product, specifically designed for book publishers who are committed to sustainability, had previously been FSC-certified only on request.
FSC certification ensures that forests are managed in a way that protects nature and the people who live and work there, says Domtar. Auditors perform a thorough assessment, checking a range of criteria such as: the steps taken to protect soil and water; safeguards that provide protection to fish and wildlife; and whether the number of trees harvested is less than the number that either regrow naturally or get planted.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners