Apple Paying Consumers for PCs
The website reports that Apple continues to offer a variety of recycling options, including free pickup and disposal of any brand of computer or display through WeRecycle!.
But now, users who own an iOS device or a laptop or desktop computer from any manufacturer can obtain credit from Apple by visiting http://store.apple.com/us/browse/reuse_and_recycle.
“If your product qualifies for reuse — meaning it has monetary value — you’ll receive an Apple Gift Card equivalent to its fair market value as determined by PowerON,” Apple states on its recycling program website. PowerON is a third party company Apple contracts with to run the reuse program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments