How Arup designed Sky TV HQ as a Sustainable TV Centre
In 2008 SKY commissioned Arup Associates to design Harlequin 1, a state of the art broadcasting HQ at their Osterley site in West London.
The building needed to house 8 television studios and post production and transmission facilities for all Sky’s sport and news content. Sky’s target was to reduce the building’s energy consumption by 20% and generate 20% onsite energy making it Europe’s most sustainable broadcasting facility.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20