How Arup designed Sky TV HQ as a Sustainable TV Centre
In 2008 SKY commissioned Arup Associates to design Harlequin 1, a state of the art broadcasting HQ at their Osterley site in West London.
The building needed to house 8 television studios and post production and transmission facilities for all Sky’s sport and news content. Sky’s target was to reduce the building’s energy consumption by 20% and generate 20% onsite energy making it Europe’s most sustainable broadcasting facility.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics