How Arup designed Sky TV HQ as a Sustainable TV Centre
In 2008 SKY commissioned Arup Associates to design Harlequin 1, a state of the art broadcasting HQ at their Osterley site in West London.
The building needed to house 8 television studios and post production and transmission facilities for all Sky’s sport and news content. Sky’s target was to reduce the building’s energy consumption by 20% and generate 20% onsite energy making it Europe’s most sustainable broadcasting facility.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables