Cowboys Home Games Go Wind-Powered
The football franchise has signed an agreement with Reliant Energy that makes the company one of the team’s major sponsors, and the official electricity supplier to Cowboys Stadium. As part of the deal Reliant will purchase enough wind-based renewable energy credits (RECs) to cover the stadium’s electricity usage on regular season game days.
Cowboys fans can also benefit from special offers as part of the agreement, and the team will work with Reliant on community activities.
Reliant says it buys more RECs than any other electricity provider in Texas.
“Reliant is not just an energy provider to us, they’re part of the team,” said Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones. “The company provides an unmatched level of service and commitment to the community that runs deep, just like ours. We’re proud to do business with them and anticipate great things.”
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned