Cowboys Home Games Go Wind-Powered
The football franchise has signed an agreement with Reliant Energy that makes the company one of the team’s major sponsors, and the official electricity supplier to Cowboys Stadium. As part of the deal Reliant will purchase enough wind-based renewable energy credits (RECs) to cover the stadium’s electricity usage on regular season game days.
Cowboys fans can also benefit from special offers as part of the agreement, and the team will work with Reliant on community activities.
Reliant says it buys more RECs than any other electricity provider in Texas.
“Reliant is not just an energy provider to us, they’re part of the team,” said Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones. “The company provides an unmatched level of service and commitment to the community that runs deep, just like ours. We’re proud to do business with them and anticipate great things.”
Energy Manager News
- Power Over Ethernet: A Smart Power Option for Smart Buildings
- Seminole County Sports Complex Moves to LEDs
- GlacialPower Intros LED Driver
- The Hunt for Reforming Energy Markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals