Cowboys Home Games Go Wind-Powered
The football franchise has signed an agreement with Reliant Energy that makes the company one of the team’s major sponsors, and the official electricity supplier to Cowboys Stadium. As part of the deal Reliant will purchase enough wind-based renewable energy credits (RECs) to cover the stadium’s electricity usage on regular season game days.
Cowboys fans can also benefit from special offers as part of the agreement, and the team will work with Reliant on community activities.
Reliant says it buys more RECs than any other electricity provider in Texas.
“Reliant is not just an energy provider to us, they’re part of the team,” said Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones. “The company provides an unmatched level of service and commitment to the community that runs deep, just like ours. We’re proud to do business with them and anticipate great things.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency