Green Fleet Briefing: Yahoo!, Enterprise, USC, Utility Trailer, Lux
Toyota is delivering more than 160 Prius PHVs across the United States as part of a demonstration program aimed at gathering real-world driving data and informing the public about plug-in hybrid technology.
The University of Southern California has placed an order for nine additional T3 Motion ESVs (pictured). In 2007, USC entered a trial period with T3 ESVs â€“ or electric standup vehicles â€“ to assess the vehicle benefits and capabilities for security initiatives. Since then, the school has purchased a total of 28 ESVs – making their fleet the largest of any university worldwide. The vehicles have been used on the 300-acre campus for security patrol checks, student escorts, traffic and crowd control.
In 2010, investors gave $930 million to alternative fuels start-ups, a four-year low, according to a report by Lux Research. However, according toÂ Hedging Bets with Flexibility in Alternative Fuels, investment has climbed dramatically to an all-time high of $698 million for companies with flexible technologies that can use a variety of feedstocks or generate diverse end products. As this trend continues, start-ups stuck with less flexible technologies will be forced out of the industry, the report says.
Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company has launched the USS-120A an aerodynamic side skirt for haulage trucks. The USS-120AÂ is U.S. EPA SmartWay verified as an â€śadvanced side skirt,â€ť meaning it provides a minimum of five percent fuel savings, and can be used with low rolling resistance tires on dry vans to achieve California Air Resources Board compliance, Utility says.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Sealâ€™s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations