Lighting Briefing: Cree, Ruud, Digital Lumens, Lunera
LED lighting firm Cree Inc. has announced the acquisition of outdoor LED lighting firm Ruud Lighting Inc. for approximately $525 million. Ruud Lighting will continue to be based in Racine, Wis., and will operate as a subsidiary of Cree. Additionally, Alan Ruud has joined the Cree board.
Ruud Lighting’s financial and operating results will be consolidated for the balance of Cree’s first quarter of fiscal 2012 and Cree is revising its targets for this quarter. These revised targets include approximately 40 percent of a full quarter’s results from Ruud Lighting. Cree now targets revenue in a range of $265 to $275 million.
Intelligent lighting systems manufacturer Digital Lumens has expanded its product line with new 15,000-lumen Intelligent Light Engines for highbay and midbay applications.
Designed for industrial facilities with higher ceilings, high foot-candle requirements and/or wider spacing of fixtures, the new systems increase delivered light by more than 50 percent. The new fixtures feature Digital Lumens’ system-wide intelligence, which the company says can deliver lighting energy reductions of up to 90 percent.
Lunera Lighting Inc., a Silicon Valley company that designs, manufactures, and markets LED lighting, has launched the 5400 Series, the world’s first LED luminaire designed specifically to fit Armstrong TechZone ceiling systems (pictured).
This third generation of the 5400 Series luminaire is available in three color temperatures to suit the requirements of a building’s occupants whether for office, school, hospital, retail, or other commercial applications, Lunera says.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016