Cisco, 1E to Integrate IT and Building Management
Business Green reported that 1E is producing a version of its NightWatchman application that integrates with Cisco’s EnergyWise platform, allowing users to track the energy use of their IT infrastructure as well as of buildings.
The integrated platform will also include power management features found in NightWatchman Enterprise and NightWatchman Server. These automatically turn off PCs left on overnight, as well as servers that are not being used.
“Cisco has an excellent chance of solving the huge challenge of all these IT devices speaking different languages when they report their energy use,” 1E product manager Andy Hawkins told BusinessGreen. “What Cisco has figured out is that the common point for all the different devices is that they have to connect to the network and that is where EnergyWise can capture all the data.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management