Cisco, 1E to Integrate IT and Building Management
Business Green reported that 1E is producing a version of its NightWatchman application that integrates with Cisco’s EnergyWise platform, allowing users to track the energy use of their IT infrastructure as well as of buildings.
The integrated platform will also include power management features found in NightWatchman Enterprise and NightWatchman Server. These automatically turn off PCs left on overnight, as well as servers that are not being used.
“Cisco has an excellent chance of solving the huge challenge of all these IT devices speaking different languages when they report their energy use,” 1E product manager Andy Hawkins told BusinessGreen. “What Cisco has figured out is that the common point for all the different devices is that they have to connect to the network and that is where EnergyWise can capture all the data.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years