Cisco, 1E to Integrate IT and Building Management
Business Green reported that 1E is producing a version of its NightWatchman application that integrates with Cisco’s EnergyWise platform, allowing users to track the energy use of their IT infrastructure as well as of buildings.
The integrated platform will also include power management features found in NightWatchman Enterprise and NightWatchman Server. These automatically turn off PCs left on overnight, as well as servers that are not being used.
“Cisco has an excellent chance of solving the huge challenge of all these IT devices speaking different languages when they report their energy use,” 1E product manager Andy Hawkins told BusinessGreen. “What Cisco has figured out is that the common point for all the different devices is that they have to connect to the network and that is where EnergyWise can capture all the data.”
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners