Cisco, 1E to Integrate IT and Building Management
Business Green reported that 1E is producing a version of its NightWatchman application that integrates with Cisco’s EnergyWise platform, allowing users to track the energy use of their IT infrastructure as well as of buildings.
The integrated platform will also include power management features found in NightWatchman Enterprise and NightWatchman Server. These automatically turn off PCs left on overnight, as well as servers that are not being used.
“Cisco has an excellent chance of solving the huge challenge of all these IT devices speaking different languages when they report their energy use,” 1E product manager Andy Hawkins told BusinessGreen. “What Cisco has figured out is that the common point for all the different devices is that they have to connect to the network and that is where EnergyWise can capture all the data.”
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables