Green Fleet Briefing: AeroVironment, Holiday Inn, Ecotality, Kemet, Ford
The Oregon Department of Transportation has selected AeroVironment to supply, install, operate and maintain 22 electric vehicle charging stations along major transportation corridors and travel destinations in the northwest of the state. Construction is scheduled to be complete by December 2012. Funding for the project came from a $2 million U.S. Department of Transportation TIGER II grant.
Leviton has unveiled Holiday Inn’s first publicly-available electric vehicle charging station, in Albany, New York. The Leviton Evr-Green Level 1 and Level 2 Dual Output Public Charging Station will be available for use by hotel guests and the public.
Electric transportation firm Ecotality Inc. has opened the first Blink commercial electric vehicle charging point in the Dallas metro area. Ecotality has plans to install over 200 charging stations in the area over the coming months.
Kemet Corporation has installed an electric and hybrid plug-in vehicle charging station at its Simpsonville, S.C., headquarters. The General Electric DuraStation EVSRN3 single pedestal charger is free for the public to use, and offers Level II charging service for vehicles requiring 208-240VAC at 40A.
BASF is supplying automaker Ford with a PA6 resin, which includes post-consumer recycled resin, for select air intake manifold systems. The product is exclusive to North America and will be adopted on three of Ford’s current production engines.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid