BMW Factory to Use 100% On-Site Wind
The company plans to build four turbines at the Leipzig facility that should provide the necessary energy by 2013, the AFP reports. BMW said that it hopes the plant can become an example of green best practice for its other factories.
In 2011 the Leipzig plant is forecast to build 200,000 cars.
In July, a BMW dealership near Vancouver became the first business in British Columbia to install a commercial-scale turbine.
The Auto West Group’s egg beater-shaped, vertical-axis turbine is the latest green addition to the dealership, which has solar panels, geothermal heating and cooling, and rooftop gardens.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings