BMW Factory to Use 100% On-Site Wind
The company plans to build four turbines at the Leipzig facility that should provide the necessary energy by 2013, the AFP reports. BMW said that it hopes the plant can become an example of green best practice for its other factories.
In 2011 the Leipzig plant is forecast to build 200,000 cars.
In July, a BMW dealership near Vancouver became the first business in British Columbia to install a commercial-scale turbine.
The Auto West Group’s egg beater-shaped, vertical-axis turbine is the latest green addition to the dealership, which has solar panels, geothermal heating and cooling, and rooftop gardens.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE