Red Lobster, Olive Garden Owner Installs 1.1 MW Solar Array
Darden Restaurants, which also operates the Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52, says the project will be the largest private solar array in Florida, and will generate enough power to subsidize 15 to 20 percent of the center’s annual usage. Upon completion later this year, Darden’s solar installation is expected to produce up to 1.9 million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year, while reducing carbon emissions by more than 1,300 metric tons annually.
Darden describes itself as the world’s largest full-service restaurant company, with more than 1,900 restaurants that generate more than $7.5 billion in annual sales.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management