GE Bundles EV Tech with Hertz Cars, Forms CHP Venture
In the agreement, the companies have agreed to co-locate the Hertz electric vehicles and GE charging infrastructure across China. The two companies will bundle EV leasing and charging facilities together.
Hertz has also signed an agreement to participate in the China (Shanghai) International EV Pilot City, an initiative aimed at building electric vehicle infrastructure across Shanghai’s Jiading district and at promoting EV use.
In other news, GE and China Huadian Corporation today announced a joint venture to develop distributed combined heat and power (CHP) projects.
The $100 million joint venture company will be called Huadian GE Aero Gas Turbine Equipment Co. Ltd, with China Huadian owning the majority share.
Distributed-energy CHP systems recover heat that normally would be wasted in the power-generation process. The CHP plants will use GE’s “aeroderivative technology,” in which GE aviation engines are modified to burn natural gas or biofuels to create energy.
Power-generation units will range from 18 to 100 MW and provide power to consumers living near the units, the companies said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT