GM and LG to Design Electric Vehicles Together
The automaker say that the agreement will help it expand the variety of EVs it makes, by using LG’s proven expertise in batteries and other systems. For LG, the arrangement represents a widening of its portfolio as an automotive solution provider, the electronics manufacturer says.
LG already supplies batteries for the Chevrolet Volt (pictured) and Opel Ampera extended-range electric vehicles.
Earlier this week, Ford and Toyota signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at developing advanced hybrid systems for light trucks and SUVs.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016