GM and LG to Design Electric Vehicles Together
The automaker say that the agreement will help it expand the variety of EVs it makes, by using LG’s proven expertise in batteries and other systems. For LG, the arrangement represents a widening of its portfolio as an automotive solution provider, the electronics manufacturer says.
LG already supplies batteries for the Chevrolet Volt (pictured) and Opel Ampera extended-range electric vehicles.
Earlier this week, Ford and Toyota signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at developing advanced hybrid systems for light trucks and SUVs.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT