GM and LG to Design Electric Vehicles Together
The automaker say that the agreement will help it expand the variety of EVs it makes, by using LG’s proven expertise in batteries and other systems. For LG, the arrangement represents a widening of its portfolio as an automotive solution provider, the electronics manufacturer says.
LG already supplies batteries for the Chevrolet Volt (pictured) and Opel Ampera extended-range electric vehicles.
Earlier this week, Ford and Toyota signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at developing advanced hybrid systems for light trucks and SUVs.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger