GM and LG to Design Electric Vehicles Together
The automaker say that the agreement will help it expand the variety of EVs it makes, by using LG’s proven expertise in batteries and other systems. For LG, the arrangement represents a widening of its portfolio as an automotive solution provider, the electronics manufacturer says.
LG already supplies batteries for the Chevrolet Volt (pictured) and Opel Ampera extended-range electric vehicles.
Earlier this week, Ford and Toyota signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at developing advanced hybrid systems for light trucks and SUVs.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling