Environmental Regulations Shaping Today’s Sustainable Supply Chains
Join Environmental Leader for a webinar on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 8am PDT/11am EDT, discussing environmental regulations shaping today’s sustainable supply chains.
Summer 2011 brought a heat wave of regulations. The REACH Committee kicked off June with a draft Commission Regulation to amend Annex XVII of REACH. In July, an amended RoHS Directive (or “RoHS2”) followed with its long-anticipated overhaul and new restrictions for electrical and electronic equipment (“EEE”). And July 21, 2011 marked the first anniversary of Dodd-Frank legislation and its controversial Conflict Minerals regulations.
RoHS/RoHS2, REACH, and conflict minerals are just a few of the key issues intensifying demands for product compliance and material disclosures. What do these and other issues such as take-back and waste laws have in store for producers, importers, and other stakeholders throughout electronics value chains?
Register now to join Rick Goss, VP for Environment and Sustainability at the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI); Paul Hagen, Principle at Beveridge & Diamond; and Scott Wilson, Sr. Content Strategist at IHS Inc. for an insightful one-hour discussion on key regulatory developments, present and future.
Topics will include:
- Timelines, scope, marking requirements and exemptions
- Reporting, record-keeping, and informational obligations
- Registration, compliance and enforcement approaches
- Sourcing, product lifecycle, and supply chain implications
- Meeting needs for regulatory tracking and material disclosures
This webcast offers both essential education and practical advice for companies looking to proactively manage their product development and supply chains in preparation for an increasingly regulated future.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV