Contract Briefing: Xiolink, Siemens, Endesa, Ala. Corrections
Xiolink, a provider of private cloud computing and managed infrastructure, has selected Modiusâ€™s OpenData Enterprise Edition to monitor, maintain, and provide analytics about its power usage effectiveness (PUE). Xiolink says it has an aggressive PUE target of 1.25, and has deployed the platform in its newest data center to provide the operational intelligence required for more accurate capacity planning.
In August and September, Xiolink will deploy OpenData to three additional sites, the company says.
Noresco, a unit of Carrier Corp., Â has increased its energy savings performance contract with the Alabama Department of Corrections (ADOC) to include two new phases of work totaling an additional $22.4 million investment. Improvements are scheduled to include heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) upgrades, upgraded lighting, new domestic hot water systems and new roofs at selected locations.
Idaho Falls Power will deploy the Elster EnergyAxis Smart Grid solution as a key component of its Advance Metering Infrastructure project, the two organizations have announced. EnergyAxis will automate smart meter data collection for Idaho Falls Power’s electric customers, which the company says will enable faster demand response, improve load control, and improve voltage conservation.
It also expects that the utility’s customers will benefit from flexible payment options and increased visibility into energy usage via an online portal in the near future.
Siemens will implement Spectrum Power advanced control systems for six companies of Endesa, a private electricity company in Latin America. The Endesa Group will install the system in Chile, Brazil and Colombia.
With the installation, Endesa aims to obtain safer and more efficient operation for the electric power grid, lower operational costs, and improve operative decision making. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2013.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest â€˜Smart Buildingâ€™ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight