Viridity Incorporates Intel Data Center Manager
Viridity said the integration will help IT and facilities managers to monitor and manage data center assets at a much more granular level, obtaining detailed information such as temperature directly from specific server assets. In addition, the Intel-enhanced EnergyCenter software will enable users to add and monitor new servers immediately as they come online, even before the baseline server profile is completed, the company said.
Jeffrey Klaus, director of data center solutions at Intel, said that while IT and facilities are both tasked with optimizing data center infrastructure and lowering costs, these roles tend to approach the problem from different angles, and rarely communicate. He said the Intel-enhanced EnergyCenter software is designed to help bridge the gap.
Modius recently announced that its OpenData Enterprise Edition will integrate with Intel Data Center Manager. Cisco and 1E have also signed a partnership agreement to integrate their energy consumption software.
Recently Viridity Software and Cirrus Management Solutions formed a strategic partnership to help distribute Viridity products throughout Europe. Under terms of the agreement, Cirrus will distribute Viridity’s EnergyCenter software to its network of reseller partners across Europe, who will in turn incorporate it into their own technology portfolios, making it available to data center, IT and infrastructure managers across the continent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments