WPPI Taps Siemens, eMeter for Smart Grid Install
The eMeter management system will allow WPPI members to perform load forecasting and analysis, provide peak load management, develop new pricing programs and enable new demand response programs, Siemens says.
WPPI Energy is a regional power company serving 51 consumer-owned utilities in Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa. Siemens will configure, deliver and support the project implementation at WPPI’s Sun Prairie, Wisc., facility.
After installation WPPI member utilities will be able to access information remotely, meaning all 51 members can use the system after just one software installation.
“Other options we researched would require us to implement the software repeatedly, which is time-consuming and cost-prohibitive,” said Mike Peters, president and CEO at WPPI.
Siemens recently announced that it is installing Spectrum Power advanced control systems for six companies of Endesa, a private electricity company in Latin America.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE