WPPI Taps Siemens, eMeter for Smart Grid Install
The eMeter management system will allow WPPI members to perform load forecasting and analysis, provide peak load management, develop new pricing programs and enable new demand response programs, Siemens says.
WPPI Energy is a regional power company serving 51 consumer-owned utilities in Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa. Siemens will configure, deliver and support the project implementation at WPPI’s Sun Prairie, Wisc., facility.
After installation WPPI member utilities will be able to access information remotely, meaning all 51 members can use the system after just one software installation.
“Other options we researched would require us to implement the software repeatedly, which is time-consuming and cost-prohibitive,” said Mike Peters, president and CEO at WPPI.
Siemens recently announced that it is installing Spectrum Power advanced control systems for six companies of Endesa, a private electricity company in Latin America.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council