WPPI Taps Siemens, eMeter for Smart Grid Install
The eMeter management system will allow WPPI members to perform load forecasting and analysis, provide peak load management, develop new pricing programs and enable new demand response programs, Siemens says.
WPPI Energy is a regional power company serving 51 consumer-owned utilities in Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa. Siemens will configure, deliver and support the project implementation at WPPI’s Sun Prairie, Wisc., facility.
After installation WPPI member utilities will be able to access information remotely, meaning all 51 members can use the system after just one software installation.
“Other options we researched would require us to implement the software repeatedly, which is time-consuming and cost-prohibitive,” said Mike Peters, president and CEO at WPPI.
Siemens recently announced that it is installing Spectrum Power advanced control systems for six companies of Endesa, a private electricity company in Latin America.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion