WPPI Taps Siemens, eMeter for Smart Grid Install
The eMeter management system will allow WPPI members to perform load forecasting and analysis, provide peak load management, develop new pricing programs and enable new demand response programs, Siemens says.
WPPI Energy is a regional power company serving 51 consumer-owned utilities in Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa. Siemens will configure, deliver and support the project implementation at WPPI’s Sun Prairie, Wisc., facility.
After installation WPPI member utilities will be able to access information remotely, meaning all 51 members can use the system after just one software installation.
“Other options we researched would require us to implement the software repeatedly, which is time-consuming and cost-prohibitive,” said Mike Peters, president and CEO at WPPI.
Siemens recently announced that it is installing Spectrum Power advanced control systems for six companies of Endesa, a private electricity company in Latin America.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls