Marriott Opens 23 EV Charging Stations
Guests can now use Level 2 charging stations at six Marriott-owned hotels in California, two in North Carolina, one each in Florida, Massachusetts and Las Vegas, and one in Copenhagen, Denmark. And Marriott expects to add ten more Level 2 charging stations at eight hotels by the end of the year 2011.
If a customer asks to charge an electric vehicle at a property where a charging station is not available, Marriott says it will “make every effort” provide basic Level 1 charging.
The company also recently added three electric vehicles to its global headquarters’ maintenance and security fleet. The vehicles charge at the HQ building.
Marriott’s environmental strategy calls for reducing energy and water consumption by 25 percent per available room by 2017, and expanding its portfolio of buildings tenfold over the next four years.
This week it was one of 12 international hotel companies that announced they are trying to create a single methodology for calculating carbon footprints and emissions.
The Marriott hotels with charging stations are:
- The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte – Charlotte, NC (1 station – pictured)
- Residence Inn Charlotte Concord – Concord, NC (4 stations)
- Courtyard Oxnard Ventura – Oxnard, CA (2 stations)
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa – Palm Desert, CA (3 stations)
- Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel – Los Angeles, CA (2 stations)
- Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa Indian Wells – Indian Wells, CA (2 stations)
- San Francisco Airport Marriott – San Francisco, CA (2 stations)
- Torrance Marriott South Bay – Torrance, CA (2 stations)
- Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary Lake Mary, FL (2 stations)
- Courtyard Hadley Amherst – Hadley, MA (1 station)
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa – Las Vegas, NV (1 station)
- Copenhagen Marriott– Copenhagen, Denmark (1 station)
Energy Manager News
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison
- A Simple Fix to Save Energy in NYC
- Connecticut, The Microgrid State
- More Large Green Buildings, Still Few Small Ones