Global Green Investment Tops $2.4tn
The Green Transition Scoreboard also anticipates green investments and commitments of $1 trillion annually until 2020. Compared to the 2010 findings, global investors are slightly off pace to reach $10 trillion in green investment by 2020, but are still building momentum, the scoreboard says.
The scoreboard tracks five sectors: renewable energy, efficiency and green construction, cleantech, smart grid and corporate research and development. In an otherwise flat market, corporate research and development and cleantech mergers and acquisitions are driving much of the green economic growth, according to the research.
This is the first Green Transition Scoreboard report to include research and development investments under $100 million.
“Deals under $100 million, while barely moving a barometer tracking investments in trillions, are significant as they demonstrate how thousands of different companies believe in the economic soundness of greening industries,” says Timothy Nash, lead researcher for the GTS.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant