Global Green Investment Tops $2.4tn
The Green Transition Scoreboard also anticipates green investments and commitments of $1 trillion annually until 2020. Compared to the 2010 findings, global investors are slightly off pace to reach $10 trillion in green investment by 2020, but are still building momentum, the scoreboard says.
The scoreboard tracks five sectors: renewable energy, efficiency and green construction, cleantech, smart grid and corporate research and development. In an otherwise flat market, corporate research and development and cleantech mergers and acquisitions are driving much of the green economic growth, according to the research.
This is the first Green Transition Scoreboard report to include research and development investments under $100 million.
“Deals under $100 million, while barely moving a barometer tracking investments in trillions, are significant as they demonstrate how thousands of different companies believe in the economic soundness of greening industries,” says Timothy Nash, lead researcher for the GTS.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED