Global Green Investment Tops $2.4tn
The Green Transition Scoreboard also anticipates green investments and commitments of $1 trillion annually until 2020. Compared to the 2010 findings, global investors are slightly off pace to reach $10 trillion in green investment by 2020, but are still building momentum, the scoreboard says.
The scoreboard tracks five sectors: renewable energy, efficiency and green construction, cleantech, smart grid and corporate research and development. In an otherwise flat market, corporate research and development and cleantech mergers and acquisitions are driving much of the green economic growth, according to the research.
This is the first Green Transition Scoreboard report to include research and development investments under $100 million.
“Deals under $100 million, while barely moving a barometer tracking investments in trillions, are significant as they demonstrate how thousands of different companies believe in the economic soundness of greening industries,” says Timothy Nash, lead researcher for the GTS.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management