Software Briefing: Power Assure, In-Q-Tel, Cal Poly, Cintas
Power Assure Inc., a data center infrastructure provider, has announced a strategic investment and development agreement with U.S. intelligence community supplier In-Q-Tel. In-Q-Tel will be adding Power Assureâ€™s products, which the company says extend the useful life of the data center and can cut ongoing power consumption by an average of 50 percent, to its investment portfolio.
California State Polytechnic University has selected Aircuity to help improve indoor air efficiency and decrease energy costs associated with its biotechnology building. The college will be using Aircuityâ€™s OptiNet System to control its ventilation system and help it reach its goal of â€śclimate neutrality.â€ť California utility companies are backing this effort with incentive payments for energy conservation projects.
Advantage IQ, Inc., a provider of energy management products, has announced that Cintas Corporation will be using its products to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as part of a corporate-wide sustainability initiative. Cintas is a provider of corporate uniforms, restroom supplies, safety mats and more.
As well as using Advantage IQâ€™s energy management products, Cintas will also be using its greenhouse gas reporting tool, and capitalizing on Advantageâ€™s communications knowledge to spread an energy efficiency message throughout the company.
Picture credit: Marco Guzman, Jr
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency