Environmental Software Briefing: Aecom, Tendril, Ecobee, Constellation Energy, Silver Spring
Consultancy Aecom has developed a tool to assess the sustainability performance of a companyâ€™s supply chain. The Supplier Tracking and Assessment tool for Sustainability collects, analyzes, and reports data on economic, social, and environmental performance. Using the product, companies can rank their suppliers and encourage them to adopt more sustainable practices and standards, Aecom says.
Smart grid technology company Tendril and energy automation supplier Ecobee have partnered to integrate Ecobeeâ€™s Smart Thermostat with energy platform Tendril Connect. With The integration of the Smart Thermostat, Ecobee joins more than 25 members of the Tendril Connect Platform Partner program. Other partners include Siemens Energy and appliance manufacturer Whirlpool.
Constellation Energy has launched VirtuWatt 3.0, the latest incarnation of its online energy management application for commercial users. The companyâ€™s VirtuWatt web application, which is also available as an iPhone and iPad app, enables customers to better monitor and manage their electricity use and maximize the financial benefits of load response programs through minute-to-minute meter telemetry, real-time pricing information, marketplace bidding capabilities, and automated energy curtailment strategies, Constellation says.
Smart grid firm Silver Spring Networks has released a new version of CustomerIQ, its customer engagement platform. CustomerIQ 2.0 includes energy billing and consumption information for residential customers served by legacy meter reading systems. The updated customer engagement platform now provides the energy data demanded by commercial customers, according to the company.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated â€“ and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage