Environmental Software Briefing: Aecom, Tendril, Ecobee, Constellation Energy, Silver Spring
Consultancy Aecom has developed a tool to assess the sustainability performance of a companyâ€™s supply chain. The Supplier Tracking and Assessment tool for Sustainability collects, analyzes, and reports data on economic, social, and environmental performance. Using the product, companies can rank their suppliers and encourage them to adopt more sustainable practices and standards, Aecom says.
Smart grid technology company Tendril and energy automation supplier Ecobee have partnered to integrate Ecobeeâ€™s Smart Thermostat with energy platform Tendril Connect. With The integration of the Smart Thermostat, Ecobee joins more than 25 members of the Tendril Connect Platform Partner program. Other partners include Siemens Energy and appliance manufacturer Whirlpool.
Constellation Energy has launched VirtuWatt 3.0, the latest incarnation of its online energy management application for commercial users. The companyâ€™s VirtuWatt web application, which is also available as an iPhone and iPad app, enables customers to better monitor and manage their electricity use and maximize the financial benefits of load response programs through minute-to-minute meter telemetry, real-time pricing information, marketplace bidding capabilities, and automated energy curtailment strategies, Constellation says.
Smart grid firm Silver Spring Networks has released a new version of CustomerIQ, its customer engagement platform. CustomerIQ 2.0 includes energy billing and consumption information for residential customers served by legacy meter reading systems. The updated customer engagement platform now provides the energy data demanded by commercial customers, according to the company.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs