How to Manage Global Environmental Risks in a Sustainable Manner
Join Environmental Leader for a webinar on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 8am PDT/11am EDT, discussing how to manage global environmental risks in a sustainable manner.
As with any technology-driven field, there have never been so many tools available to assist companies in their environmental compliance efforts. These tools, like any other, can be used individually to stay (barely) ahead of requirements, or they can work together in an efficient, sustainable system. Often, systems grow organically, with new solutions introduced whenever new challenges or regulations require them. This can lead to a patchwork of tools and efforts that, at best, complies with regulations. Although this approach can be effective, it is rarely efficient.
Most industries spend significant time and money managing environmental risk. Therefore, companies that find efficient, effective means to manage their environmental risk will have advantages in their industries.
These sustainable environmental management systems don’t grow naturally. They must be planned, cultivated, and maintained to achieve sustainable success. Proper planning coupled with robust, efficient, scalable tools will lead to an efficient, effective environmental management system.
Register now to join Brenda Lunger of Olin Chlor Alkali and Kathy Coppenbarger of SAP for an insightful one-hour discussion on how to grow an efficient, effective and sustainable Environmental Management system.
Topics will include:
- The value to be gained from taking an enterprise-based approach toward environmental and safety management obligations.
- How to make your environmental and safety management systems effective and efficient while satisfying both local operations and global reporting requirements.
- New tools and industry best practices that can be deployed to ensure and enhance global operating transparency, further improve operating efficiencies and drive sustainable environmental performance.
This webcast offers both essential education and practical advice from expert practitioners, who will share best practices and pitfalls to avoid in building an effective and sustainable environmental management system.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B